It's finally done! After multiple days of making my very first mod, here is the very first version of Capital Ship Weaponry.
It contains only one new weapon right now, but I do plan to eventually add more.
Weapon of the day is the Quad 3500mm Artillery Cannon
Compatible with game version 0.12.10_rc1
Also, my thanks to Meranera which shown me how to do a good recoil animation, giving me tips and such.
Thanks to Lafiel for teaching me most of ways of the part's code. As well of Bubbet and Skynet.
I can say that the community for this game is great. \o/
v0.0.5 Mechanics modification
- Added a forced sequential fire to prevent all the barrels from shooting at the exact same time. Each barrels has a 0.1 seconds delay with each other.
v0.0.4 Damage tweaks
- Increased Shield damage to 4000 per barrel. This way, it will need 3 shells of a quad to put down a shield, the 4th shell will be able to go through.
- Increased Operational Hit from 2000 to 2600 in AoE of 3 tile radius
- Added PenetratingStrutural effect. After all, it's a big shell, structural should get somewhat damaged by its passes during the penetration state. Damage 800 by each structural tile passed through.
Note: I did these changes from people saying the quad cannon felt too weak, which I can agree on. It meant to be an alpha strike cannon, not a DPS one. So do tell me how it feels now. Still too weak, now too powerful? Do tell me in this thread.
v0.0.3 Minor tweaks
- Reduced price from 60,000 credits to 50.000 credits
- Reduced fire interval from 6 seconds to 5.5 seconds.
- Fixed Ammo loader that was converting 1 ammo into 2 that made it easier for the cannon to fire more than expected.
v0.0.2 Balancing changes
- increased ammo used from 2 to 4
- Ammo storage increased from 10 to 12 to match the new ammo used
- Reduced AoE radius on operational hit from 4 to 3
- Reduced price from 150,000 to 60.000 credits
- Reduced the on hit penetration from 6 to 5.
v0.0.1 Release version