X-A34, a small, uninhabited, and unimportant system of the edge of the galaxy, is showing strange energy spikes, attributed to long-distance warps.
Alright, since everybody SHOULD know what's going on right now, i'm going to do the ad:
Do you have old factions that you don't want anymore? Do you have characters with flawed backstories? Well, you've come to the right place! Just throw them into the Xyrn Grinder©, and they'll be gone forever! Here's an example!
Giovanni Imochelli picks up on the energy signals and decided to investigate with the whole Ascenders fleet.
None of them come back.
The Herders, simply following their cattle, are lead straight into the system.
They don't come back out.
And last but not least:
That-one-werewolf-that-i-forgot-the-name-of-and-am-too-lazy-to-look-up's warps into the system.
His ship's signs disappear almost immediately.
So come use the Xyrn Grinder©! But be warned, every faction that gets ground makes the Xyrn more of a threat to your better factions.
One more thing:
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN XYRN AND MAK
- The Xyrn will not grind planets into dust just to make more nanites. They are here to conquer, not destroy.
- Any material gain will take awhile to be converted. It has to be shipped back to Sarkis, converted, then shipped back.
- Unlike the mak, the swarm will be destroyed if you kill the main controller (Prime)
- They will accept surrender. See 1.
- Anyone killed will become Xyrn. If any main characters are killed, I'll start a seperate event for them back in Sarkis.