about Abh 0.72 full version
- I've added joints for convenience so you can build them easily without having to use hangar anchor parts. It'S a 1x4 so there's enough space to allow them being build in reverse for a short dual joint. You can create a longer one by building back to back. See blueprint mode for the arrows showing where the base is. The joint is where the round bearing is. Save them in blueprint mode to avoid having to connect the ship sections.
- I've unlocked celestial bodies for building ancient ships. You can build planets, gas planets and stars. Each with options for different types and or with rings.
- Added plasma_teleporter: a simple transporter room dedicated to mine celestial objects like those above. Currently it only mines power at a distance of 40 tiles. I'll unlock gas mining later but will have to see how resources are in Cosmoteer's released version.
- The old warp coils have been replaced with railgun like modular parts. There are two parts the warp coil A-part is the main part which gives all the buffs and warp lights. The warp coil B-part is the accelerator type part that buffs the warp coil setup. A single warp coil setup only needs one A-part and as many B-part as you want. But you still need the nacelle control room. The nacelle control room can auto supply them with power only if they are placed horizontal or vertical to it. It gives a slight buff only in the same setup.
- Added bio_nastydae_launcher: it launches bugs which can be set to destroy (armor) on the outside and or infiltrate the ship to do internal damage and fire.
My attempt at fixing vanilla failed on all fronts. So there's nothing I can do. The majority of current bugs and crashes are purely due to game bugs. Some might be fixable (like buff values not showing for some reason) but I've not figured out how to fix those yet. Crashing bugs however are all game bugs and all involve variability in one or other form. For some reason the game disables them by itself making it unable to find them and crashes. Some involves the building editor which all seem to be various updating issues like unlocking parts and or buffs or proxies.
- As requested I've added some Halo weapons. As they are generic weapon I'm not going to do any further work on them unless it's a bug.
- As requested I've released earlier than planned compound engineering parts with which you can build modular machinery rooms. The reason for the version number bump. For now only mini_nuclear_reactor, mini_fusion_reactor, mini_ftl_drive, mini_warp_core01, mini_warp_core02, floor and the control station/console parts are available. Same principles as the compound bridge system but this system involves control points. Each machinery required a certain number of control points and can be offset by control stations/consoles. For balance reason you need a chief engineering station to unlock the ordinary station. Singular or unattached machinery parts don't need a control station to keep compatibility with old builds. There's a minor rare indicator bug which for some reason displays the "No Cntrl" despite being fine. Most of the time it's correct, though. Tech1G1 control parts are in Tech1 groups all else is in power group. There's a minor problem with variable ftl range for some reason the game simply unlocks them all at once. So I'll fix the problems in the next release.
- Add a new experimental roof turret: mobile_siege_turret. It's a very old childhood idea of mine predating cosmoteer in fact. The idea is to have a turret on rails moving about the ship, hence, it's location doesn't matter for its reach. It's in the modular turret group. You can add track4x3 parts to increase the turrets rail based turning range (radius 40 tiles). The turret itself has a 90 degree arc. The tracks suffer from two random crash cases. One is building (update) bug and possibly savegame bug on loading. The reason for track4x3's complexity is cheating prevention so I won't backdown on that. Also due to the space needed turret distancing is enforced. The distance is semi variable depending on how far the track is.
- Some QOL improvements mostly old parts that haven't been changed for ages other than necessary compatibility updated..
sorry the game didn't render properly so the barrels don't show up here. Also initiation problem shows the turret facing right, but it's not a serious bug. It auto-re-orient itself when the turret becomes live.
compound engineering parts
0.7.2.6 (0.7.5 bugfix update)
- I've lowered the control point requirements for the warp cores to ease up the difficulty when building a large setup. It's difficult to fine tune this in part due to buff being unreliable when it comes down to fractions instead of integer numbers. So more changes might happen in the future.
- fixed the track4x3 part for the mobile siege turret. It was a buff bug which was unclear and caused secondary issues misleading me.
- added a mini_cyclotron_booster with which you build modular engine rooms to buff thrusters. it's on near parity to vanilla but gets strong fast
- added more compound parts in the form of hybrid armor (because walls makes things confusing) for corridors and compound engineering/bridge. So you can build protected and internally aesthetic configurations.
- unlocked cylone lasers for small crafts just to round up the release.
- more QOL
- I've reorganized parts into modular groups to help finding parts. The downside is it's not apparent what kind of tech level they belong to. So please check and read the part description and eventually consult the wiki. If there's something needing improvement let me know.
There are two sets of hybrid armor parts: one merges with corridor, the other merges with the compound bridges and engineering modular system. The reason there are two sets it to prevent merging the rooms with corridors while also supporting continuous form from one side to the other.