The idea for this mod has been around for a very long time. At the moment, this is the second draft of that idea, the original being a mod which added parts that did not have windows, however, that was clunky, hard to keep up to date and fell apart.
This draft replaces the roof sprites with the roof armour sprites for many parts. Currently, thrusters, factories, reactors, storages, sensor arrays, engine rooms, control rooms and FTL Drives are supported. Weapon roofs are a lot more finicky, as some of them have custom shapes (e.g. cannons) and custom sprites would have to be made for them, which will take some time.
ENOUGH TALKING! WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
I was getting to that. Images speak 1000 words, however, so take a look at these trusty screenshots I got while experimenting.
As you can see, everything looks a lot cleaner and it is easier to see the paint. It does take some getting used to and it's not for everyone, but in some places, it's really useful!
NEED MORE CONVINCING?
- Smol file size: Only 105 KB
- Similar mods are used by master painters (Cough, Jesus3747 and The_Overseer)
- No more ugly crew quarter roofs ruining your paint
- A lot easier to paint.
- Highly recommended by a guy called Ultra Blast (no relation)
- Weird to look at the title screen. (I'm being serious)
- Doesn't use as much RAM as ABH (or GCW, or any other mod like that)
- Crash free!
- As immune to updates as DecoMod is, maybe even more immune!
- "Windows are structural weaknesses. Geth do not use them." - @RedAndCosmoteer
I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT
Version 0.5.2 (0.15.3/4 Compatible): DOWNLOAD HERE :D
Version 0.5.1 (0.14.13 - 0.15.2 Compatible): DOWNLOAD HERE
Version 0.5.0 (0.14.10/11/12 Compatible): DOWNLOAD HERE
Weapon Extension: COMING SOON