You all have posted so many awesome ship designs here, I wanted to create a big, community-maintained mod that combines all the best ship designs into a single package that players can download and play. I encourage you to add your own ship designs to this mod, and to keep adding your designs as you make new ones! This is a bit of an experiment to see if the community can collectively maintain a mod -- I hope it works out! 🙂
DOWNLOAD THE COMMUNITY SHIPS MOD
How to install the mod.
How to access the community ships:
Once you have installed and turned on the mod, you should see a "Community Ships" folder in your Ship Library. If you just click on that folder, you'll notice that there are actually no ships in it. Click the little arrow to the left of "Community Ships" to see all the sub-folders within it. Each player has their own sub-folder; click on one to see that player's ships. (Some players may have organized their ships into further sub-folders, so you'll need to click the arrow next to the player to see those as well.)
How to add your ships to the mod:
I have created a Google Drive folder which everyone should be able to view and edit.
Create a sub-folder inside the
Ships folder and name it after yourself. (For example, if your name is Bob, create a
Ships/Bob folder.) Put all your ship designs in your own folder. You can even create more folders within that if you want to further organize your designs (such as into separate factions or kinds of ships).
Rules for adding ships:
- Please don't add any ships to this mod that require other mods in order to use. (Such ships will likely crash the game for players that don't have the other mods installed.)
- Please don't touch anyone else's ships in the mod!
- It is okay if you add ships that are larger than the maximum ship size.
- Please test all of your changes to make sure they don't break the game!!!
- When you've made changes to the mod, please post in this thread so that I know to re-create the mod package.