Hello There! Quick update from Lafiel and I; As free updates for Cosmoteer are winding down, and new things are on the horizon, we've been waiting for a proper time to release some of the things we've been working on. Today marks three years of Star Wars: A Cosmos Divided. I'm happy to announce that we have many great things to come, but first we have this new update.
Updated ship designs utilizing newer parts.
Improved outdated mod code. (Cred. Skipper_Wraith)
Increased range of all Turbolasers.
Fixed animations on Astromech Units.
Improved the design of the Heavy Ion Cannon. (Credit. Namek & ClassicJam)
Added Medium Ion Cannons.
Added Triple-Barrel Turbolasers.
Fixed Turbolaser animations and Particle Effects
Moved War Room to the Tech II Category in the build menu.
Added Side-Mounted Fixed Laser Cannons (Red/Green/Blue)
Turbolasers now properly use both barrels.
Weapon Variations (Shade/Laser Color) Are now selected in the toggle (while selected in the build menu) There are a few exceptions to this rule which will be corrected in the next update. (Cred. Skipper_Wraith)
- Unfinished/Incompatible Strings (Translations)
For the Future
The next update will be one of, if not the last, major updates provided for use with the Free Version of Cosmoteer. It will come with a variety of fixes, a new part, updates to translations, more fleshed out Doonium and Durasteel armor, and the separation of the Bounty Hunter/Ships Pack from the main mod. The aim is to use Kroom's Normal Armor Expanded in ship designs from that point onward, provided more options. These custom parts will also be available in Doonium and Durasteel. After this, our aim is to focus on bringing the mod to the Steam Release of Cosmoteer where I plan to release it on Steam Workshop, if possible. To make it clear, I am not abandoning the Free Version entirely, but as the focus shifts into the full game I will be working on that. The mod will, of course, remain free as I have no legal right to sell it anyways.
We are also looking for a dedicated artist. Currently we don't have the numbers we used to, and artwork is required for multiple parts. With the new art change for the upcoming Steam Release there are many things to be done and look into as it releases.
Star Wars: A Cosmos Divided 0.3.6b Patch
- Solves issues with Triple-Barrel Turbolaser
- Fixes some of the incorrectly sized Icons
- Fixes fire effect particles on the Grey Republic Turbolaser
- Fixes misaligned blueprints
- German Translation now compatible, but still incomplete.
Star Wars: A Cosmos Divided 0.3.6c Patch (Credit to FormularSumo & ClassicJam)
- Decreased Price of Heavy Ion Cannon from $50000 to $35000 and Medium Ion Cannon from $25000 to $15000
- Increased price of Starfighter Reactor/ Decreased Efficiency by 40%. ClassicJam/FormularSumo
- Decreased power draw of weaker weapons.
- Fixed issues with powering heavier weapons and Heavy Shield Generators.* (Experimental) ClassicJam
- Balanced the power of different colored lasers (Such as Green lasers making others irrelevant). FormularSumo
- Fixed issues with CIS Heavy Turbolasers.
- Improved Power Management in other weapons.
- Various Optimizations and improvements.
Download 0.3.6c Here!