This is just an overview on the state of the development plan of the Abh mod.
In recent times the accumulated and mounting game bugs over the past 1-2 years have become considerable in getting in the way of further development. A lot of bug hunting are distracting and frankly should have been unnecessary. Fixing them or creating workarounds pose the problem of having to revert them back at some point in order to facilitate further development. And that only if I remember the changes, or needed features requested years ago etc.
As virtually all current popular and coming mods are fundamentally re-creating many of the same parts, innovations, functions and features in Abh there's less of a reason to rely on it.
Major and fundamental changes are expected in the coming Cosmoteer version up to 0.16.x or even 0.17.x.
So Abh's development and releases will be slower to reduce workload. At some point it might end altogether in the near future even. However, there are still innovations I want to add or release.
I would like to rework and implement phase 2 for the VariTech mod. So these things might be shifted back and forth between mods. I'll shift more attention to the VariTech mod, though. At this point I'll forgo more exotic ideas I had planned.
Since it's uncertain when these will be released I'll list and somewhat map or outline them out if possible. I'll probably use it myself as a reminder
However, do note although I got most of them already done or worked out and working information are provided on a need to know basis only for some.
- effects, a lot are kind of broken or not working as intended due to various changes to the game's internal handling. Frankly, these are difficult to fix since it's not always apparent what actually has changed. Some are simply impossible due to lack of support or implementation of the game engine. Others just don't work as before for some reason. For example: the effects for energy gathering or the shooting range effects. So I want to get these to work at some point if ever possible at all. But it's rather low priority.
- animation, there are several bugs with spinning/rotation and related sprites popping up. Others seem to be default settings thereof that can't be changed. So I want to get these to work at some point if ever possible at all.
- █ weapons. Done
- space █ █. Done
- fireworks, smoke options with countermeasures parts. Easy and have been planned for ages but never got around to do yet.
- various bridges. Have been around for ages but never got around to finish all the sprites yet.
- upgrades to buff system if the buffing system finally gets fixed
- 3rd generation modular thrusters with no █ restrictions. Done. Discussion
- generation 0 to 2nd/3rd generation modular weapons and turrets with █ █. Done but offerings are far from ready.
- 2nd generation arms, legs, wings with █ █ options
- fire_suppression ordnance for VF1. Has been done since inception but still not really possible.
- anti-/personnel weapons
- more authentic targeting features. Currently not so visible
- next gen upgrades to weapons options
- hinge and slider upgrades to mechas when they become available.
- unlocking the repair system again if Walt fixes or replaces the current storage system. It might depend on vanilla support depending on the changes made.
- 2nd stage of bio-parts. Have been done since inception but still crashes due to game bugs/implementation.
- hedgehog modes
- borg nanite infection, taking over parts/ships; can already be done except taking over ships
- 5th generation drones, most likely code upgrades to old ones.
- multi crew on the same ship. More or less done. Just waiting.
- lifesupport, food etc, the basics have been added a long time ago but still not fully unlocked. It depends on vanilla support.
- if vanilla cloaking is so different I might resurrect my cloaking mod otherwise doubtful it will be released.
- upgrades to timewarp parts, adding counter measures if possible
- upgrades to expanding sphere generator and fusion weapons
- various upgrades to bridge station if features become available
- upgrades to officer rooms
- upgrades to hitbox & variable toggled custom hitboxes like the starbase gates
- upgrades to blueprints if features become available
- upgrades to blueprints if optimization is supported
- upgrades to inherited buff and buff categories if features become available
- upgrades to shot multi categories if features become available
- upgrades to shots if inheritance is fixed
- general optimizations
- general maintenance improvements